Contact UsBoatshed Norfolk
About Boatshed Norfolk
Gary is a keen boating enthusiast having spent many years boating on the Norfolk Broads. He took over the Boatshed Norfolk franchise in September 2006 and bring a wide and varied experience which will be invaluable in continuing to develop the already successful Boatshed Norfolk brand.
It is Gary who runs the business on a daily basis along with Geoff and Steve
Gary says "We are keen to provide a 1st class service to boat buyers and sellers throughout Norfolk. We are happy to work with boat owners and other brokers to achieve a sale on behalf of boat owners and find the right boat for our customers.
HavingSteve and Geoff on board will mean the workload is shared and more time can be given to customers in all areas.
Boatshed is promoted in all the major boating and yachting magazines as well as on 7 other major international boat search Websites.
Since Boatshed's launch in 1998 it has won several high profile Internet awards. Throughout it's Websites the Boatshed principles of "simplicity", "ease of use" and "fast loading" are strictly adhered to.
Boatshed also offers other interesting Internet resources; these include cruising tips, news articles written by individual Boatshed offices around the globe, plus excellent weather, tidal and navigation links. This makes the Boatshed sites an interesting place to visit even when a boat purchase is not the customer's current priority.
In order to view the detailed photos of each boat, our site requires customers to register their details. Once the customer has registered there is no need to remember complicated usernames or passwords, you simply log in each time using just your email address.
Registration is FREE and your details are always kept private
We offer a full brokerage service on a simple "no sale no fee" basis.
We offer support, advise and guidance for both vendors and purchaser throughout the boat sales process.
The service we provide is detailed below;
1) We view and photograph every boat we sell, because we don't believe we can sell your boat without seeing her.
2) We will arrange a time to meet you onboard your boat, we take up to 80 photographs and video and record full details
3) We then upload your boat details to our website and we ask you to check that all the details are correct
4) Once your boat goes live it is automatically loaded on to all the other"Boatshed" sites across the UK and Internationally.
5) It is also uploaded on to all the other major boat sales sites giving her even greater exposure. These include Yachtmarket.com, Apollo Duck, Boatshop 24,Boats and Outboards, Rightboat and Yacht world etc.
6) All viewings are accompanied by us at all times. We never divulge the locationof your boat until we have booked a firm viewing.
7) We will handle the sale from start to finish keeping you informed throughout.
8) We operate on a no sale no fee basis, so we don't get paid until we sell your boat at a price you agree to.
9) You are free to advertise her by any other means you choose providing it is at the price we have agreed.
10) Commission is only payable as a direct result of a customer we show the boat to buys her. Because of this it is in our interests to sell her for you. We have had to introduce a minimum charge of £500.00 plus vat
11) We are members of the BMF and abide by their code of ethics and standards including the operation of a client account with bank recognition of the status of this as a client account offering clients greater protection.
12) Our systems ensure new boats are matched with registered buyers when a new boat matches their search criteria utilising our boat finder technology.We now have an “owner Portal” where you can monitor interest in your boat online.
13) We have unrivalled regional, national and international coverage
being a part of the largest yacht brokerage group in the world
14) Boatshed Norfolk website alone Averages 42,000 individual boat views every single month. Boatshed.com receives in excess of 277,000 boat views per month. This is without the boat views on the other 75 Boatshed brands
15) We now have the largest database of customers (935,000) who are registered onto our site.
16)We can monitor the amount of “hits” we receive via our website and we can provide information showing interest levels.
17) Our systems ensure new boats are matched with registered buyers when anew boat matches their search criteria utilising our boat finder technology.
18) The owner can monitor the amount of web views we are receiving on their boat
19) We can arrange surveys and lift outs etc if required.
20) River Trials and surveys are only carried out (if required by the buyer and with the owner’s permission) after we have received a 10% deposit in our client account and funds are cleared.
We also operate under the rules and codes of practice of the British Marine Federation.
We earn no commission until we sell your boat
We are committed to the satisfactory purchase or sale of your boat with the highest degree of professionalism.
The Boatshed "Customer Service" is designed to maintain the value and integrity of the Boatshed brand.
Every boat to be personally viewed and photographed by a Boatshed broker.
To operate under the rules and codes of practice of the British Marine Federation with regard to the sale of used boats.
To operate a strict policy of "No Sale, No Fee" on all Brokerage transactions.
To undertake that all boat viewings will be accompanied by a Boatshed representative or by the owner.
To promote and operate under the Boatshed core values of "Honesty", "Integrity" and "Respect for people" and to promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism in all business conduct and transactions.
The yachting and boating experience of Boatshed members enables them to sell to potential customers with authority, while also acknowledging their customers enthusiasm for boating. Boatshed are passionate about boats.
A quote from a few of our many satisfied customers; "Just a short note to say thanks to Gary at Boatshed Norfolk who has just finalised the sale of my Princess Riviera. The boat shed team have been nothing but professional and effective and fully focused on making the whole sale both easy and a pleasurable experience. The communication and management involved was superb and will mean that I will use the service in the future.
Effortless and painless and very very professional."
Trust you are well.....Just a quick email to say a BIG Thankyou for selling The Phantom for me, I always felt that if I could get her back to the Uk she would sell....However, only in my widest dreams did I hope she would sell so quickly..
Having spent the best part of my life in SALES, I know just how demanding the job can be, satisfying the needs of one's vendors whilst also catering to the often demanding requests of purchasers... manufacturing a deal and then holding it all together, takes a rare skill, a deal of effort and patience, and is often time demanding and frustrating.
Vendor's and purchaser's rarely see this aspect of the sale process, and simply accept a sale or purchase as a "fait accompli" with not much recognition or credit conferred on us "the Agent" that actually brokered the sale.
So ONCE again Thank you for all your efforts on my behalf...
A Satisfied customer
Thanks very much for all your help with the sale, Gary.
With best wishes
Christine and Danny
Just to say a quick thanks for your supreme efforts in securing a sale on my Fairline. I know you guys had to work really hard and well done you!!
Paul (Morning Mist)
If you want to talk boats, sailing or Boatshed please contact us any time.
"The No Sale, No Fee Yacht Brokers"Boatshed is turning boat sales on its head. We aim to provide a transparent, friendly, and useful service, using the most up to date technology combined with traditional face to face communication…ask us what the boat is really like and we’ll tell you our opinion – you will see the reality when you physically view the boat after all!
• See up to 150 photos of each boat for sale online along with video and 360 degree images.
• No Sale, No Fee!
• World’s largest and fastest growing Yacht Brokers.
• Over 50 offices world wide – Local offices with global reach.
• Links with the majority of the main marine websites meaning that boats listed with us get the best coverage possible for every boat for sale!
• We are committed to communication and customer service.
• Over 650,000 registered customers checking out our boats all of time.
• Over 2500 boats for sale with new boats being added each day – check out ‘Recently Added Boats’ on the right hand side of the homepage when you log in.
• We only sell used boats.
PREPARING YOUR BOAT FOR SALE
The main factors determining the sale of a boat are:- Presentation, price and condition
Presentation and condition: External – First impressions count and the boat should look appealing with a clean, shiny surface. Tend to any poor varnish work on the strakes and handrails and make good any tears and torn windows to the canopy. In short, offer your craft in fresh, beginning-of-the-season order rather than end-of-season.
Internal – Remove all personal belongings from the boat and if you have removed any fittings such as clocks and barometers, radio, etc, make good the holes. Ensure that the bilges are dry and fresh as the interior will soon get damp and musty. Do not forget to empty and clean chemical toilets. Finally, remember to give the boat a thorough, general clean and tidy to create an atmosphere of comfort and care.
Engine and mechanicals – Make sure the boat is running satisfactorily, that there is enough fuel aboard and that all the services are operating. This includes fridges, toilet, water systems, shower pumps, etc. If any of these items are not working, it will only tempt prospective purchasers to make lower offers.
Pricing: Whilst the market for used craft is quite reasonable, there is a good choice for customers which means that there is no place for overpriced craft. It is poor advice to list a boat for a high price with a view to accepting much lower offers. This approach inevitably leads to the boat being by-passed in favour of more competitively priced craft.
Documentation: Paperwork – Many prospective customers are now seeking assurances to prove ownership and providing either invoices or Bills of Sale can help this. For craft built after 1985 that travel into European waters, the new owner will have to prove that VAT has been paid. Builders' certificates and original supply invoices are required to achieve this. Manuals for engines, service history, etc all help the sale.
Compliance Certificates – Now the Boat Safety Scheme is in force it will devalue craft that are not certified when required to be so. In many cases prospective customers are only prepared to buy craft with certificates. We would strongly recommend that you obtain a certificate of compliance before your offer your craft for sale.
CLEAN, TIDY, WELL-PRESENTED CRAFT SELL FAST!